Lisa, from Life of an El Paso Woman has very kindly nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. I am honored to be nominated. They are a great way to get to know fellow bloggers. Lisa’s blog can be found here. Check it out, I enjoy it and I am sure you will also.
There are rules, of course!
- Explain how and why you started blogging
- Offer advice to new bloggers
- Nominate bloggers for the award
How and why did I start blogging?
I started blogging at the urging of my son. He thought it would be a good way to help build my business. I wasn’t sure that I had anything to say that anyone would want to read but I figured, life is an adventure why not give it a go. It will be two years in October and I can honestly say it’s been an enjoyable experience. I have met some wonderful people and read some truly talented writers.
What advice would I offer?
- Stick with it. The first few weeks or months are slow going but it will get better as people find you.
- Networking is important. Take part in the meet and greets that are available. They are a great way to meet and follow other blogs and for them to find you.
- Blog about what excites you. If you are passionate about it then chances are other people will be as well.
- Be who you are.
- Spell check is your friend!
- Read, like and comment to the bloggers following you as much as you can. They will do the same.
- Try to be consistent with posting so your followers know when you will have something new up.
Who to nominate!
As always if you choose not to participate that is perfectly alright, and, if any reader not nominated that would like to have a go, please feel free, I would love to read about how you got started and what tips you have!
Have a great day!